Seven shots

by | |
So, it was my first time to meet Asul's colleagues and I had the most number of shots I've had since I came here in Korea (and I don't mean pictures!lol). I was already aware of the so called Korean "drinking culture" but only based on stories from other people. Never thought I would actually experience it myself.

Asul's company's clients treated us (employees and wives) to dinner in Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Gangnam last Monday night. It was a sort of Christmas slash New Year party and we had this really nice Oksan Buffet . I was so saving this day for a sky's the limit foodtrip (pordat, i didn't eat that much the whole day!lol) But as I was digging in my first serving, Asul's boss went around to give a shot of "soju" to all the women in the table. And it wasn't just on ordinary soju. They call it "Andong Soju" ( I wrote something about the place Andong in my post before ) and Asul said that if a regular beer's "level" is 4, Andong soju is 40! No wonder I lost my appetite after that. "Strong" would be an understatement.. It was a killer (and i mean literally!LOL... for me!haha) I think I was given a couple of shots of beer as well after that.


We were almost done with the dinner when they decided to finish off the remaining soju and "maek ju" or beer. We played a couple of games like rock,scissors,paper and counting (ever heard of the game 31?). It was silly but I've never been so terrified of counting whatsoever...EVER... until now.lol You see, the person who wins (or loses depending on what was agreed upon) would have to take the shot with his/her partner. Asul and I are bad at drinking and we were just lucky to have survived with only two shots each in the entire game.

But guess what? It didn't end there! In fact, it was just the beginning. Asul and I were planning to go home after dinner but the group decided to head straight to The Ritz Bar... and it was kinda rude to just leave so we agreed to stay for awhile. The place was amazing though (well, what would you expect from a luxury hotel?!kkk) The interior was elegant and there was a pianist plus I love the bathroom (i don't know why, but I have this thing about bathrooms.lol) I instantly felt like a VIP.lol Except for the smell of cigarette, it would have been perfect:) Anyway, though Asul and I specifically ordered soft drinks as if to say that "hey, we're not drinking anymore", we were still not spared from the next round (or the remaining rounds for that matter). This time we had a 17-year-old Ballentine and they mixed it with the remaining "maek ju" . It wasn't TOO bad and they put plenty of ice anyway so the taste wasn't that strong. And off the counting and "gai, bai, bo" (scissors, rock, paper) went again. The rest was history.LOL

**picture taken after going out of the bar. (sooo bangenge but still had the effort to smile:) Is it blurry? The photographer's probably bangenge,too!lol


I wouldn't say it was a horrible experience.haha It was a pleasure to meet the people that my husband talk to me about so often. And they were a nice bunch of people:)


The best thing though was that I was able to know more about my husband. His boss, his co-workers and their clients all told me that Asul was "che-go" meaning "the best" in terms of personality and when it comes to work:) And I was just so proud to hear that. And he was just so sweet when he took the shots which were supposedly for me (even if he was close to throwing up or something like that,.. poor asul!)

I hate it when I sound soooooo cheesy but can I just say that I think I'm falling for my husband even MORE?!!kkk The seven shots was all worth it:)

6 comments:

Wendy

susme! you're so young!!! i love your red coat.

phoebe

LOL eh kasi naman po, di na talaga ko sanay uminom!haha Dati po kering keri ko pa, ngayon di na talaga.haha :) Yung coat po, sa shot na to lang red pero pink-ish po siya,haha thanks po :)

giselle

toast... mukhang namang keri mo ang seven shots. hehe. i'd love to take that x-mas tree home.

phoebe

@ giselle- mejo keri pa naman nga,haha ako rin gusto kong iuwi yung xmas tree pati yung bear na katabi:)

mybittersweetkoreanlife

grabe punong puno naman ng lights ang Christmas tree na yan!

phoebe

@emma- oo nga super loaded,haha labeeeet!:)

Post a Comment